Hope your weekend’s been great so far! Checking in with a fun, immunity-boosting smoothie bowl recipe that we developed for Nuts.com. This smoothie contains a powerful, vitamin C-rich trio of raw beet, cranberries and camu camu powder. Camu camu is a magical amazonian berry that has the highest naturally occurring vitamin C content of all the known plants in the world. I did a little test and have been adding camu camu powder to my morning smoothies and porridges this winter instead of taking my usual C vitamins, and no major cold yet! This smoothie is perfectly good without camu camu too, in case you aren’t planning on adding another item to your pantry/superfood collection. If you are worried about the raw beet here, don’t be – its flavor gets neutralized and masked by the other ingredients, while you benefit from its wealth of nutrition and magnetic color. There are also bananas and dates for sweetness, seasonally-appropriate cranberries for bit of tartness, and avocado for some healthy fats.
Some weekend links below. Enjoy your Sunday :)
- Invincible Living: The Power of Yoga, The Energy of Breath, and Other Tools for a Radiant Life – currently reading this book, written by an inspiring Kundalini yoga teacher. Perfect for a Kundalini beginner like me and very down to earth – not too technical or woo woo, with tons of practical tips for a more healthful and mindful existence. I’ve been very curious about Kundalini for a while now, and have began incorporating simple techniques from this book into my daily routine, like 7 minutes of Breath of Fire (breathing in and out through your nose at even increments), which is supposed to help get your glandular system back in order. Really loving it so far!
- The Well/Aware Podcast – we love our podcasts around here and super thrilled about this new discovery, favorite episodes include interviews with Kerrilynn + Cindy of CAP Beauty, Satsuki Shibuya, Caitlin Mociun
- Anny Wang – obsessed with this Swedish artist/furniture designer who does these insane in 3D illustrations, just look at them! Want her prints all over my walls.
- In My Fridge: Heidi Swanson
- How To Put Plants at the Centre of Your Plate by Anna Jones – that celeriac steak!
- The First Mess Cookbook – I’m not sure I’ve ever been this excited for a cookbook to come out, it’s going to be SO good! Laura has a little preview of the book here.