Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho

April 7th, 2013

This post is also available in: French

post image

Spring continues to be cool down where we are in Florida. I’ve lived here for ten years and never experienced such a chilly March. We are usually swimming in the gulf by now, but not this year. We’re loving it though, knowing that the crazy summer heat will come soon and will stay for a while. I know that up North the spring has been harsh, but it’s getting better, there are even rumors of 70+ degrees in NYC this week. This refreshing pineapple gazpacho is perfect for a spring awakening, full of bold sweet and spicy flavours. I’ve had my eyes on this recipe for a couple of years and finally gave it a try. The most important thing here is to have a very sweet and ripe pineapple and your gazpacho will be delicious. Take care not to overdo on jalapeno. I usually taste the pepper first to estimate how hot it is, as they fluctuate from mild to extremely hot, then I adjust accordingly.

post image

Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho
(adapted from Raw Food, Real World)
serves 4-6

1 large ripe pineapple – peeled, cored and chopped
about 4 small or 1 large English cucumbers – peeled and chopped
1 cup pineapple juice – preferably freshly made
about 1/2 jalapeno – seeded and diced (see text)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1-2 teaspoons sea salt – to taste
1 green onion – chopped
1 handful cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
3 tablespoons olive oil

1. In a food processor, combine 3 cups of each the pineapple and cucumber together with the pineapple juice, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and green onion, blend until smooth.
2. Add the remaining pineaple and cucumber, cilantro and 1/2 of the olive oil. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky texture. Adjust seasoning and chill in the refrigerator.
3. Serve garnished with the remaining cilantro and olive oil.

Tags: cilantro, cucumber, gazpacho, pineapple, recipe, soup

• Uma says:

Oh, how beautiful!Can’t wait to make this.

• Anonymous says:

Lovely shots and recipe.

• Pineapple and cucumber – what an interesting mix!

I hear you about colder-than-usual spring. Here in Montreal we are still waiting for the warm weather and first spring flowers in the backyard! Patience ….

• Claire says:

It’s been chilly up here, indeed. Cannot wait to try this once the weather calls for cool instead of warm eats :)

• Yohann says:

Now that’s an interesting combination! Thanks for sharing

• That’s a really interesting combo of flavours. It looks so summery and refreshing.

• Sweet Faery says:

I love that association of pineapple with cucumber, I often make salads or smoothies. The translation is on your mailbox! :-)

• This is really a perfect recipe for summer, thanks! Here in Bavaria we had at least the first spring day today ;)

xx Rena

• Betti says:

Just bought a really nice pineapple, shall give it a try.

• julia says:

Pineapple cucumber?! Yum!! This is so original and refreshing! Cant wait to try it!

• I can see the combination. I have to say these pictures are beautiful…

• That’s a really exciting combination of flavors. It looks so summer and relaxing. love the food

cheap rs gold
    World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen
    aion kinah

Email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *