Earlier this spring, I talked a little bit about what an explosive strawberry season we experienced this year. I couldn’t keep myself away from our nearby organic strawberry farm, and as a result ended up with lots of berries that needed to find a home in one dish or another, since my freezer can only fit so much. I made this pie, a cobbler, and sprinkled the berries over everything from morning bowls to salads. I also remembered that strawberries work surprisingly well in guacamole, as proven to me by a friend years ago. I love how every family seems to have their own specific guacamole recipe, and my friend came from a clever bunch that dealt with an influx of home-grown strawberries by enjoying them in guacamole. I can’t say enough about how much the combination of creamy avocado, sharp red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime benefits from the juicy, sweet bursts of strawberries. It’s heaven. I could easily eat a bowl all to myself. Give this guac a try one hot day this summer with some good chips and a glass of something cold and fizzy, you won’t regret it!
There is a quick step-by-step video above and weekend links below.
Sunday hugs to you, friends :)
Fields Of Study – currently participating in this four day online meditation workshop for anxiety and stress, and can’t say enough about it. There’s breath work, reading, exercises, and recorded guided meditations, as well as all kinds of practical tips on the use of minerals, flower remedies, etc. as tools for grounding and stress relief.
My Place – liking this video series on Nowness
The Hippies Have Won – yay
Dear Sugar – a new-to-me podcast I’ve been enjoying
The Planted One – a seriously inspiring meal-planning instagram
- 2 large, ripe but firm hass avocados
- 2 cups strawberries - hulled, sliced in half or quartered
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ small red onion - finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno - seeded and minced
- juice from 1 large or 2 small limes
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Cut the avocados in half vertically and remove their pits. Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl, using a spoon. Mash with the avocado with a fork.
- Add the strawberries, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.